Wednesday 14 April 2010

14th April 2010

Welcome to my Blog.
I've set this page up in the run up to a sponsored cycle ride that I will be doing on Sunday the 9th May. It won't be far, just 35 miles or thereabouts, but I am doing it in memory of my Dad, Joe Grant, who died in February, and to raise money for The Myton Hospices who did so much to care for Dad in his final days.
Naturally I want to raise as much money as possible; preferably a staggeringly huge amount, but realistically will have to settle for something a lot more modest. Anyhow, today I passed the £100 mark, and there is still 3 and a half weeks to go.
My tribute to Dad has been published in the village magazine - The Compton Chronicle - for anyone beyond the normal circulation of this publication, I have copied it into a separate post in the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment